The Learning & Academic Resource Center’s Tutorial Program is part of the Office of the Vice Provost of Teaching and Learning at UCI. Our goal is to foster educational success for UCI’s diverse student population, as part of a campus-wide effort involving meaningful collaborations between faculty, staff, administrators, and students across schools.
LARC offers a variety of student programs including: Supplemental Instruction Tutorials, Drop-In Tutoring, Academic Learning Skills Workshops, Individual Academic Learning Skills Consultations, and Leadership Development Opportunities.
You can find us on the 3rd floor of the Anteater Learning Pavilion (ALP) near parking lot 7.
Learning and Academic Resource Center
LARC advances academic success through proven active learning strategies, peer-to-peer collaboration, campus partnerships and leadership development.
LARC connects “what to learn” with “how to learn” in a student-centered, collaborative learning experience.
The LARC team is committed to pursuit of inclusive excellence. Our values inform our mission, which means inclusive excellence should permeate everything we do, and every individual in the Anteater family should feel supported and welcome at LARC. We aspire to make this a reality through consistent reflection, learning, and action. Our team affirms LBGTQIA students, staff, and colleagues. We support the UCI Black Thriving Initiative and view anti-black and anti-Asian racism as existential threats to our mission and the mission of the university community.
Inclusive Excellence Goals
- Increase our personal understandings of systemic racism and implicit bias
- Implement best practices for hiring and training our staff
- Serve students through culturally responsive practices and language to provide equitable access and experiences with our programs
- Seek and share data-driven knowledge about the impacts of systemic racism on student experience of higher education, and advocate for change
- Solicit and respond to input from students to continually improve
We welcome your input to help us better serve the UCI community.
OVPTL Strategic Goal
Foster educational success for UCI’s diverse student population
OVPTL Core Values
- Inclusive Excellence: Commit to evidence based practices in serving all students
- Respect: Act with integrity while appreciating and valuing differences
- Student-Focused: Dedicate ourselves to the betterment of students
- Enthusiasm: Approach our mission with energy and passion
- Teamwork: Cultivate quality collaborations with campus and commuity partners
Want to help LARC students?
Starting in fall of 2021-2022 academic year, LARC will be offering sponsorships to students.
Donate to our general LARC Sponsorship fund.