UCI Welcome Week is right around the corner! As the name suggests, UCI Welcome Week is an annual event designed to welcome new and returning students to campus. Welcome Week is filled with fun social events and activities that allow students to meet and make friends and also learn about the available resources UCI has to offer.
While Welcome Week can be a ton of fun, it can also be a little nerve-wracking and overwhelming, especially for incoming students who don’t know what to expect. To ensure that you have a great time this Welcome Week, here’s what you can do to prepare!
- Make a List: There will be a lot going on this Welcome Week and, while you may not want to miss a thing, you can’t do everything. This is why we recommend reviewing the schedule of Welcome Week events and creating a plan around the ones you most want to attend. Ask yourself what you’re most interested in checking out, and build your plan from there!
- Meet Up: Welcome Week is all about making friends and forming connections. It’s the perfect time to reconnect with the students you met during orientation or get to know the students living in your residence hall. Checking out the various clubs and organizations on campus is also a great way to meet new people who share your interests.
- Venture Out: As you attend various Welcome Week events, you’ll get the chance to check out various places around campus. However, it’s also great to venture out and do some exploring on your own. Grab a few friends and walk around campus. This is a good opportunity to map out where your classes are so you know where to go once instruction begins.
- Plan Downtime and Regroup: With everything going on, Welcome Week can feel a bit overwhelming. While your schedule may be packed, make sure to schedule time to relax and regroup each day. Having this quiet time to recharge will help you approach each new day with energy and excitement.
- Look Ahead: While Welcome Week is undoubtedly a ton of fun, it’s also a chance for students to get ready for the start of instruction. Preparation is the key to walking into your first UCI class feeling calm and confident. Prior to your first day of classes, scroll through your courses’ Canvas pages, review your syllabi, and take note of what’s coming up in each course.
Visit the UCI Welcome Week website for more information. To learn more about getting involved on campus, check out the ASUCI website or visit UCI CampusGroups. Of course, don’t forget to check out LARC’s Welcome Week Open House on Monday, September 19, from 1:00-3:00 PM. For more details, follow LARC on Instagram!
Looking for additional support as you prepare for the start of instruction? We at LARC are here to help! Meet with one of our academic coaches one-on-one, sign up for a LARC tutorial, or check out our best learning tips.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information.