Taking classes at a university requires you to travel from classes, to the library, coffee shops, office hours, and countless other locations to get your day to day tasks completed. All of these are environments that are created with functionality and use in mind. Meanwhile, online classes require virtually no traveling at all. This makes the creation of a great workspace extremely important.
We want to share with you a few tips to help create that productive and unique environment to continue the quarter:
- Make it comfortable, but not too comfortable
- You should be comfortable working in your space for a few hours, but not so comfortable that you get distracted or take a snooze.
- Make sure to keep your space organized
- Keep your space clean and utilize organization tools like calendars, notepads, and post its. Set yourself daily reminders for tasks that need to be done.
- Separate your work and personal space
- Separate your spaces and allow yourself to experience different parts of the day, like you normally would going to class or a study session.
- Personalize your home work space
- Add personal touches by decorating your workspace. The more you connect with the space, the more you will want to be in it and be productive.
For more tips on workspaces, here are some resources to check out: